Cocktail Receptions at Craigdarroch Castle
If you’re looking for a venue for your corporate holiday party, a special dinner for an anniversary, or a networking event for your association, please keep us in mind. The basic rental fee of $1900 for 3 hours applies to most situations, however we can work with you to custom build an event to meet your expectations.
As a designated National Historic Site, Craigdarroch Castle is an exceptional place to celebrate. As your guests arrive through the Porte-Cochere Entrance and enter the Main Hall, they immediately encounter the magnificent sweeping open oak staircase rising four floors to the Dance Hall. Lavish Victorian era furnishings and decor, exquisite stained glass, and detailed woodwork carved by artisans of days gone by….these all combine to create a warm and welcoming experience. On the first floor, drinks and edibles in hand, your guests can wander into the Library, through the Drawing Room, into the Dining Room (except when Christmas decorations are installed), past the Smoking Room and the Breakfast Room. Through the Main Hall, guests then ascend the grand staircase, past the Alcove (and perhaps a musical trio) and up to the second floor. On the third floor, guests can view the huge Games Room with its impressive billiard table, an original bathroom, family rooms and servants’ uarters. From the Dance Hall on the fourth floor, they can view the snowcapped Olympic Mountains to the South, then climb to the Tower for a panoramic view of Victoria and the Straits of Juan de Fuca.
Craigdarroch Castle was built for entertaining. You can hire a small ensemble of musicians to suit your taste; jazz trios; strings; pianists; vocalists; comedians and/or play your own selection of CD’s or tapes. The Steinway pianos in both the Drawing Room and the Dance Hall are available for use by a professional pianist. Please note that we do not allow dancing because of potential damage to the Castle that is, in and of itself, an artifact. With the open staircase, the acoustics are wonderful and music can be heard all through the Castle. If you need some suggestions, we have an extensive list of entertainers from which to choose. Bar service is limited to white wine (no red or rosé), champagne, beer, non-berry cider and non-staining soft drinks. A Special Occasion Liquor License is required if liquor is to be served and we can provide information to assist you with that process. We work exclusively with experienced companies that have successfully worked within our very specialized museum environment. Our preferred caterer is Castro Boateng – www.castroboateng.com
Photography during your event is allowed provided all safety requirements are met as outlined in the terms and conditions of your agreement. You are entitled to all noncommercial rights for the photographs and videos made of your event. If your photographer requires extensive set up or you require time outside that allowed for your event then extra charges might apply.
Contact Elisabeth Hazell at 250-592-5323 ext.32 or email@example.com to discuss your event plans.
- Private dinner parties
- Holiday staff parties
- Networking events
- Incentives groups
- Fundraising events
- Family Reunions
- Anniversary Celebrations
- Memorial Celebrations
Limitations & Restrictions Please keep in mind that as a historic house museum located in a residential neighborhood, we have many unusual limitations and restrictions of which you should be aware of in advance:
- Events are typically restricted to AFTER our regular business hours. Some dates may be blocked out due to the Cruise Ship tours.
- No red or rosé wine is permitted inside the Castle. (These may be consumed outside during a tented event.)
- No staining foods or juices, such as tomato sauce, cranberry juice, etc. are permitted in the Castle. (Outside is fine.)
- No dancing is permitted in the Castle due to damaged floors, proximity of artifacts, etc. (Again, outside in a tent is fine.)
- Stiletto heels or shoes with damaging soles are not permitted in the Castle. We do not recommend stilettos for the lawn either.
- Only approved caterers may be used. Our preferred caterer is Castro Boateng, however we also work with Truffles Catering and Cook’s Day Off. We have worked closely with the staff of these companies and they are familiar with our limitations and the restricted list of food and beverage items.
- Photography is not included in any of the rental prices, however we can recommend a photographer if you like.
- Curatorial staff may be required to move some artifacts for your event, in which case an additional charge of $300/hour applies.
- Outdoor music must end at 10 pm in order to maintain a friendly relationship with our abutting neighbors.
- Buses are not permitted on Joan Crescent, however we do have a designated bus stop at the corner of Fort St. and Joan Crescent.
Contact Elisabeth Hazell at 250-592-5323 ext.32 or firstname.lastname@example.org to get a quote or for more information.